- 3 cups chopped eggplant
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes (or a 14.5 ounce can – do not drain)
- 1 (6 oz/ 170g) can of pitted green olives, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon capers
- 1 to 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tablespoon fresh basil)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add everything above balsamic vinegar to the slow cooker and cook on low 7 to 9 hours.
- Before serving add the vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
You can either leave it chunky for bruschetta or purée it in a food processor until you have tiny pieces for crackers or crostini.